And just to clarify what’s usually needed on the day….
- The roster runs from 8.30am – 11.00am (it includes the Auskick and the following home games)
- The committee member on hand on the morning, usually the Auskick Coordinator, will pull the BBQ out of the change rooms ready for use. Give him a hand if your early.
- Get drinks in the tubs and on ice ASAP. Layer of ice followed by can drinks, layer of ice followed by juice boxes and water, layer of ice.
- Grab the fold out table from the change rooms and get that set up next to the BBQ on the top level of the clubrooms, behind the TM Realty sign.
- Utensils will be in the kitchen until we have our own lockable cupboard in the change rooms, grab two trays, alumin foil, tongs, knives, sauce bottles and napkins. Let the coffee crew know if we are running low on anything so it can be pruchsed ready for the following week.
- The buns and sausages will be dropped off early and are usually with the coffee girls and they will also have the BBQ money float for you to use.
- Start cutting the buns and wrapping them in napkins as soon as you can, as this takes a bit of time, and get the first round of sausages on the BBQ by no later than 9.20am.
- BBQ is old but works well, just switch the gas bottle on and light using the BBQ clicker on the first and last knobs, they work ! Just switch it off via the gas bottle again when finished and disconnect.
- Have three people man the station when the first big wave hits when Auskick finishes, one taking money, one making the hotdogs, and one continuing to cook snags.
- The next smaller wave hits after the 10.00am game finishes around 10.50am, once finished, pack away and clean up and put BBQ and utensils back into the change rooms and kitchen.
If you have any issues at all, please speak to any committee member who is at the ground on the day…please remember the coffee girls are also volunteers so please try not to annoy them too much 🙂